Dee Arr's Reviews > Forgotten Bones

Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz

liked it
bookshelves: mystery

The thriller I was hoping to read never materialized, which was unfortunate, because I liked the main characters and this could have been a good story.

The author flip-flopped back and forth between Eric and Susan, offering two likable people with realistic problems. The clues were consistently laid out for the reader to see, and it was an inevitability that the two would eventually meet. If Ms. Barz felt she was concealing the truth of the murders and the murderer from us, she was wrong. I am usually the last person to realize the twists in stories, but this tale was so obvious that I found myself continually losing interest. Thus, the ending was expected and boring.

Other basic plot elements were also run-of-the-mill. Only the heroine has the smarts to figure it the truth as she deftly runs through setbacks and interference from her boss and the FBI agents who have taken over the case.

Bottom line: The author knows how to put together sentences, and the dialogue is credible. She also does a decent job with the characterizations of Eric and Susan. However, these are not powerful enough to save the book, as the plot is tedious from overuse and the ending is too predictable and over-the-top to be entertaining. Three stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten Bones.

July 1, 2019 – Started Reading
July 1, 2019 – Shelved
July 1, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery
July 1, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Awesome review Dee!💖😉

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Arr Thanks, Kat!

Jennifer Well said!

message 4: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Arr Thank you, Jennifer!