Mara's Reviews > Before We Say Goodbye

Before We Say Goodbye by Michelle Pennington

bookshelves: arc-or-for-review

Katriel Pearson (Kat) has just graduated from high school her 18th birthday is only 8 days away. When Piper, one of her best friends, finds out at a post graduation beach party Kat's never been kissed, It becomes Piper's mission to get her kissed before the end of summer when they'll all go to college. But Kat doesn't want to be kissed by just any guy--she wants to be kissed by Piper's older brother, Tate, who she's had a major crush on for the past 3 years!

This story is about first times and finding yourself. Not just Kat's first kiss, but her first love, and figuring out what she really wants to do and having the courage to do it. She realizes she's always done what's been expected of her and not rocked the boat, but she doesn't want to go away to college because she doesn't know what she wants to study.

I don't read a lot of YA books, but these characters have graduated high school so there wasn't as much teenage drama. This is a fun summer read, and had me thinking back to my high school graduation (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) and applying for a summer job like Kat did. I loved that her summer job is what helped her decide what she really wanted to do.

There were a lot of sweet moments like when Piper threw Kat a spur of the moment surprise birthday party, and when Tate gave her a box of her favorite donuts as a gift. Aww. Let's not forget that totally swoony, toe-curling first kiss. (sigh)

This is a clean romance. I received a complimentary copy. My review is voluntary and all thoughts expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before We Say Goodbye.

June 30, 2019 – Shelved