Madison Monroe's Reviews > Steel Resolve

Steel Resolve by B.J. Daniels

This story had my heart racing and on the edge of my seat. What a ride this was. Although I was more into the suspense of the story, the romance wasn't too bad neither. Chase and Mary were high school and college sweethearts until Chase left to go back home to his dying mother in Arizona. Well actually Mary's father told her that they were too young to be so serious and their relationship ended. Fast forward 4 years, Chase is in Arizona when he receives a letter from Mary professing her love for him. Ready to rekindle their love, Chase decides to return to Big Sky, Montana to pick up where they left off, but Chase has an obsessed stalker on his tail. Will Chase and Mary rekindle their love before the stalker executes her plans.?

Okay…let me say that this is a suspense romance with no sex. Let's start off with the main premise of the story. Chase had a one night stand and the lady turned out to be psychotic and a real stalker. She was sneaking in his home while he was gone and while doing so she discovered the letter from Mary in his sock drawer. This lady is bat crap crazy and the author did a wonderful emitting the character on the page. Fiona, the stalker, was unpredictable, cold, and unstable. I had absolutely no idea what she was going to do next and she went to such extreme to have Chase to herself.

As I said before, I enjoyed the suspense with the unpredictability and interesting characters, but the romance was meh. It really pains me to say this, but Mary and Chase had no personality and little chemistry. I understand that they were young lovers and their relationship was already established, but I needed the author to try a little harder with selling their relationship. The "I love you"'s were thrown around like crazy and it had to weight to it. Another thing that blew my mind was Mary and her naivety when it came to Fiona. Mary was so clueless to be a 28 year old and it was so easy for Fiona to infiltrate her life. I liked the Caldwell family and the ranch life was barely mentioned, even though this takes place in Montana and their livelihood.

Based on the suspense alone, this book would have been a 5 star, but I was there for the romance and it fell short. This book really held my attention and I don't think that a book has ever had my heart race the way this book has. I recommend this book and I will rate this book 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steel Resolve.

Started Reading