S.E. Anderson's Reviews > Sword and Pen

Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine

An epic conclusion to one of my favorite series. I would have read it faster, but I just didn't want it to end!

We pick up immediately where we left off at the end of book four: the Archivist is on the run, and our little rebel family has taken over the great library. Now comes the toughest part: securing their victory. Saving the library from those who would rather destroy it then see it grow.

Unlike the previous books, here we switch POV's constantly. Jess is no longer the center of the tale: the entire team (talk about #squadgoals) gets their chance at the spotlight, and it makes the book so fast paced it left me breathless. The archivist is fighting to regain control, the enemies are literally at the library gates, spies and traitors fill the ranks of even the most elite: it's a non-stop roller coaster.

I wish I could say more, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Suffice to say I was thrilled to go an adventure with Jess and the crew one last time. I'm definitely going to miss this wonderful little family, and the world that Caine has created. It's so hard to believe it's over, but it was a wonderful send off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sword and Pen.

June 10, 2019 – Started Reading
June 24, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
June 24, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
June 29, 2019 – Finished Reading