Rel's Reviews > Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass

Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass by Heather Day Gilbert

Cosy mysteries have never been a go-to read for me. I much prefer the faster pace and thrilling edge to a suspense novel, but as I know Heather Day Gilbert's talent as a writer, I couldn't pass on the opportunity to try the first book in her Exotic Pet Sitter Mysteries. For starters the cover is super fun, the series title unique, and the premise holds lots of appeal, and having turned the last page, I'm delighted to say it has endeared me a little more to the cosy mystery genre. Gilbert's writing style is warm, witty, and layered, and the mystery remains a mystery until the closing stages of the story which, of course, is essential to all the armchair sleuths. Belinda is a fun character, charming yet not without backbone, determined to forge her independence with her two businesses - exotic pets and gaming reviews. Add in a cast of characters, all of whom could be complicit in the murder, some hints of attraction and romance, and you have a story - and series - worth investing in! Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass is sure to please cosy mystery lovers everywhere!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass.

June 29, 2019 – Shelved