Jordan's Reviews > The Last Widow

The Last Widow by Karin Slaughter

bookshelves: partner, 2019-reading-challenge

I haven’t read from the Will Trent series but you can consider me converted.
The relevance of this novel is sickening. The *dates* gave me goosebumps.

July 2019, Michelle Spivey, a Centre of Disease Control scientist, is abducted in a shopping mall carpark in front of her daughter.
Sex trafficking.
August 2019, two bombs attack a university, hospitals, the FBI headquarters a the CDC.
GBI agent Will Trent and his girlfriend, Medical Examiner Sara Linton rush into the mayhem, to assist in emergency situations. They come face to face with a trained group – not victims of the attacks- and Sara is abducted right in front of Will. Desperate to save his country and the love of his life, Will goes undercover on a deadly mission.

First of all, Karin Slaughter has the perfect writing style. Descriptive, but not wordy; fast paced, but accurately described; perfect balance of dialogue and narrative.
This means that 400+ pages went by in under 3 days, and I can’t find a hole in the story or detail to nitpick. My biggest pet peeve is series books that don’t standalone- I haven’t read Will Trent before but I didn’t need to.
The story is particularly gripping due to how scarily accurate it is to our reality.
((PS I love Amanda))

Full review on my blog tomorrow ! ⠀⠀
⠀⠀
A big thank you to William Morrow for the copy to review⠀
#partner⠀⠀

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Widow.

June 29, 2019 – Shelved