Amber's Reviews > Oh Danny Boy

Oh Danny Boy by Josie Riviera

Oh Danny Boy is a fierce, tug at your heart journey that will both mesmerize and capture your very soul. This is a raw and very real story about life and its myrid of struggles that never seem to let us go. With each step we take, they try to mire us more and more into the mud of sadness and loneliness. It's only with the gentle and loving help of others with equally tender hearts and broken souls who can rescue us even if we don't want to be rescued. They have to quietly lift the veil from our eyes of what is and could be. No one realizes the power that we have in another's life until we begin to see real change and hope seep through their smile and actions. Every word we speak can either help or destroy our friends and neighbors and strangers.

What a soul searching journey this story turned out to be! It tore at my heart strings until there was nothing left. I felt raked over the coals because this could easily be someone's real life, and I hate seeing someone mistake misery for a normal life. However, sometimes it takes hard times and the gentle love of our friends to show us the things we should have and want. This is when our friends truly prove their worth. This is when love proves without a doubt who and what it is and what it can really do to save a life. What I witnessed was love and hope at its finest! What a glorious sight to behold!

This author clearly has a heart for people around her. She knows how deep and dark the valleys of life can be, but she can also testify to how breathtaking and majestic the top of the mountains are as well. She has seen it all and survived, and now she is a witness to those who need to see that there is just as much good as their is bad around us. We just need to stand up and decide what we truly want. We need to set the tone and the pace for pulling ourselves up from the bottom of depression to the heights of relief and peace. Are you ready to claim back your life and move on to grasp your own portion of love, peace, and hope?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh Danny Boy.

June 26, 2019 – Started Reading