Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)'s Reviews > In It to Win It

In It to Win It by Kelly Jamieson

16932050
"Not to brag, but I don't even need alcohol to make bad decisions."

This story was my introduction to Kelly Jamieson. Yes, it was the cover that got my attention and I decided to give her a chance. Though it's the second in the Wynn Hockey series I read it as a standalone. After meeting so many amazing support characters I can see how a whole series could evolve.

JP is a good guy that keeps making bad decisions that follow him. It's a good thing that fighting in hockey is accepted, but it's not always the best way to rid yourself of frustration since penalties are often a result of impulsive actions, right? Nor is hurting his family high on his list of proud moments. He's got a lot to make up for and he's determined to get a handle on his emotions and make better choices.

Taylor isn't looking for another hot hockey player at her best friend's wedding, but that's what she finds in JP. Resisting his charms is impossible and she later ends up wishing she had after her ex shows up and makes a scene. She tries to avoid him, but that seems to be impossible as well since her bestie is married to his brother.

And did I mention Byron? I think I love him most of all. Wait till you meet him! I really enjoyed this sweet story full of misunderstandings and mishaps that kept me smiling. I also enjoyed the hockey details and the Wynn family drama. "Blood may be thicker than water, but it's not thicker than hockey."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In It to Win It.

June 29, 2019 – Shelved