Maria Thomas's Reviews > Wyndcross

Wyndcross by Martha Keyes

U 50x66
I enjoyed this story. I liked Kate and I loved William. The two together were so fun in their banter and humor. I think each character was written so that we would love who we were supposed to love and dislike those we should as well. I suppose I might have more mixed feelings about the aunt. I think she was supposed to be lovable but I think she was just a troublemaker.

I thought the first half of the book was maybe a little slow but the second half seemed to whiz by quickly until I couldn't believe it was already over.

The book combined romance and intrigue. There were some twists I didn't expect and some things I expected didn't happen at all.

I questioned authenticity on some points such as if smugglers had killed Kate's father why wouldn't they have just killed Kate right away to keep her quiet. Seems like it would be a no brainer rather ask "What should we do with her?" Not that I wanted her to die mind you. And it kinda needed to play out like it did but I'm not sure it was realistic. Also I don't think the smugglers would have spoken so openly in front of her, using names etc. But these little things didn't take away from the story.

I would like to have known what came next for the Crofte family members. Did scandal ruin Clara's prospects? What happened to her brother? Was the family socially ruined?

Overall I thought it was a good regency read.

No sex or language
Some violence with the smugglers, perilous situations
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wyndcross.

June 28, 2019 – Started Reading