Julie (Jewlsbookblog)'s Reviews > Good Guy

Good Guy by Kate Meader

17692043

bookshelves: 2019, arc, romance, contemporary-romance, favorites

I admit I’ve never been a big fan of female journalist leads and tend to approach those books with a hefty dose of trepidation. Astonishingly enough....Meader actually made me like a female journalist! Jordan has ETHICS!! And...nope, I’ll get carried away if I go that route... I’ll just say I was seriously impressed with Jordan. Because I was. She was hilarious, had a sunny disposition, she was smart and again, the whole ethics thing was a big glowing arrow pointing in her direction. Not that Levi wasn’t a great male lead. He was very much a Good Guy, but I’m viewing him as awesome supporting role to Jordan’s. She takes the cake in this book! Of course, the rest of the team did a great job as supportive characters as well. Enough so that I was laughing in my pillow so I wouldn’t wake anyone up:)

The romance between Jordan and Levi was total icing on top of a fantastic story! They have some established history between them, but the dynamics have really changed since they last saw each other. With that in mind, I think they had sweltering chemistry that was just waiting to ignite. As in match scratched, fire lit, bonfire blazing🔥... Sigh....

I’m not even a hockey fan, but I can’t resist Meader’s Rebel series! The team and unique management are a lovable bunch I fall for every time a new story comes out! If Chicago Rebels had some great storylines, Rookie Rebels goes to a whole new level of juiciness! The romance was my favorite part, but so was the range of topics. From sexual harassment, media, and homelessness (just to name a few), Meader makes very strong arguments on females vs males in the sports world that wasn’t in your face, but seamlessly blended with the flow of the story.

For anyone saying romance books have nothing but sex...they’ve never opened the right one. I thought Good Guy had plenty of food for thought and am dying to see who’s up next!!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book I received from the author. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Guy.

June 28, 2019 – Started Reading
June 28, 2019 – Shelved
June 28, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
June 28, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
June 28, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
June 28, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
June 29, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
June 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly I just realized we both posted about hockey today😂

Julie (Jewlsbookblog) Aly wrote: "I just realized we both posted about hockey today😂"

Really! How funny! Great minds think alike!! Now I have to go look for yours🤗 good reads has been spotty about sending me updates on friends posts lately.

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Jewls!!😉💋👍💖

Julie (Jewlsbookblog) Kat wrote: "Excellent review Jewls!!😉💋👍💖"

Thanks, Kat! Meader did a fantastic job with this story.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Excellent review L💕veツ,

Julie (Jewlsbookblog) ❤️ Paulette wrote: "Excellent review L💕veツ,"

Thanks, Paulette!

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Jewlsbookblog wrote: "❤️ Paulette wrote: "Excellent review L💕veツ,"

Thanks, Paulette!"

My absolute pleasure, L💕ve ツ !