Darlene's Reviews > Dragonquest

Dragonquest by Anne McCaffrey

bookshelves: time-travel, strong-fem, sci-fi, science-speculative, other-planets, fantasy, dragons, book-2, audio, audible
Recommended to Darlene by: A friend named Sarah
Recommended for: Sci-fi/fantasy fans
Read 2 times. Last read November 28, 2013 to November 29, 2013.

This is a continuation of The Dragonriders of Pern. I didn't have the money for the Kindle version so I managed to listen to this Audible version while attempting to decypher the book with its tiny font. Because of the narrator's wonderful voice and character depictions I was able to keep track of where I was in the story even when my eyes refused to read any more.

I loved this book the first time I read it nearly two decades ago and found it equally exciting this time. Other books in this series are about the dragons and their riders and the fight against thread. This books challenged us to look at traditions and even break them to see if there might be a better way to do things. New sciences were discovered or recovered in this book. These kept me involved wondering if our own descendants may run into similar discoveries should we let go of our tightly held concepts. Who know, maybe gravity will cease to be so grave!

Anyway, I am lucky to have the next of the Dragonrider books in Audible form and have already cheated ahead. I remember White Dragon as one of my favorites, so I'm getting back to my 'reading' um, listening. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonquest.

Quotes Darlene Liked

Anne McCaffrey
“There wasn’t a man alive in Pern who hadn’t secretly cherished the notion that he might be able to Impress a dragon. That he could be linked for life to the love and sustaining admiration of these gentle great beasts. That he could transverse Pern in a twinkling, astride his dragon. That he would never suffer the loneliness that was the condition of most men - a dragonrider always had his dragon.”
Anne McCaffrey, Dragonquest