Tari's Reviews > Murder in the First Edition

Murder in the First Edition by Lauren  Elliott

bookshelves: preordered, netgalley, sept-2019-ereader-challenge

I've enjoyed this newer series from its beginning, and this installment is no exception. I think it's especially good, because it takes place at Christmas. I have to admit that Addie gets on my last nerve sometimes, but that's just part of her charm. She's like a big kid sometimes, but has a heart of gold and would do anything for those that she loves. She makes me dizzy with going back and forth between which guy she likes, and I usually end up just as confused as she is, but I will say that I'm still Team Marc ;) I'm just going to have to be more patient I guess! I loved that her almost father-in-law was included in this book, Jonathan Hemingway. He's a mysterious older guy with a real eye for the ladies who makes me think of a cross between DiNozzo Sr. and Richard Castle's father. Who wouldn't fall for his charm? Addie's friend Catherine definitely fell for him. I hope we get to see more of him!

I'd had an idea of who the killer was, but it was fun to see it play out. The showdown was a little bit nail biting, but Addie seemed to be somewhat in control when Marc and the officers showed up. I loved the comparison to A Christmas Carol (which was the featured book in this story) that Serena gave Addie's life. At the end, she finally saw what her young friend and a wise older friend were trying to tell her earlier. The ending was super festive and sweet. I'm pretty sure I know who she's leaning toward and hope that she stays leaning that way!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book from the publisher and NetGalley. My opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in the First Edition.

June 27, 2019 – Shelved