Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends's Reviews > Life and Other Inconveniences

Life and Other Inconveniences by Kristan Higgins

3.5 Stars

Life and Other Inconveniences is my second book I have read by Kristan Higgins and I have to admit my first was a miss for me. I was not all that excited to read this one but decided to give it a try after it was offered to me. Well, I was completely surprised and felt like I was reading something written by a different author. This one was a big hit for me!

Kristan Higgins does a great job creating engaging characters using warm humor, insightful thoughts with realistic, raw emotions and actions. For me, the humor has to have some warmth to it when more affecting topics are explored in a story. I have been told I am just a little over-sensitive when it comes to that.

I was hooked right from the start with these engaging likable and unlikable characters. I loved the dynamics between the characters and I enjoyed the complicated relationships between them. Old wounds are opened up and second chances are explored with emotional depth to the characters. Each are given a conflict and through each of their POV, we see them grow. At times I did feel their inner thoughts were a bit repetitive and would have preferred to see them grow more by their actions.

There is a mystery here as well and that added some suspense to the story. I really enjoyed how Higgins weaved that into the storyline and I thought it all came together well. The story wrapped up well and I felt very satisfied after reading this one. I highly recommend.

I received a copy from the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life and Other Inconveniences.

June 26, 2019 – Shelved
August 2, 2019 – Started Reading
August 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)

Sheyla ✎ I hope you love it.

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Sheyla ✎ wrote: "I hope you love it."

Thank you, Sheyla! So far I am.

message 3: by Dita (new)

Dita Enjoy!!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Thank you, Dita! I really enjoyed this one!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen Nice review, Brenda!

message 6: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Lovely review, Brenda! So glad it was a pleasant surprise for you! :)

Kaceey Great review Brenda!

message 8: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena Wonderful review Brenda! Glad this one was a hit.

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie Wonderful review, Brenda!! 💖

Holly  B Great review Brenda!

message 11: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Glad it surprised you! 😊 Great review!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Jen wrote: "Nice review, Brenda!"

Thank you, Jen!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Jaline wrote: "Lovely review, Brenda! So glad it was a pleasant surprise for you! :)"

Thank you, Jaline!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Kaceey wrote: "Great review Brenda!"

Thank you, Kaceey!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Selena wrote: "Wonderful review Brenda! Glad this one was a hit."

Thank you, Selena!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Julie wrote: "Wonderful review, Brenda!! 💖"

Thank you, Julie!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Holly wrote: "Great review Brenda!"

Thank you, Holly!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Jayme wrote: "Glad it surprised you! 😊 Great review!"

Thank you, Jayme!

message 19: by KAS (new)

KAS Fantastic review, Brenda ;) Glad to hear your second read by this author was an enjoyable one!! 😘❤️

message 20: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy Glad you enjoyed this one, Brenda!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends KAS wrote: "Fantastic review, Brenda ;) Glad to hear your second read by this author was an enjoyable one!! 😘❤️"

Thank you, KAS!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Kristy wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this one, Brenda!"

Thank you, Kristy!

Deb✨ Terrific review, Brenda! I really want to read this one, I love all the elements it sounds like the author brings to the story. 😊

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Deb✨ wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda! I really want to read this one, I love all the elements it sounds like the author brings to the story. 😊"

Thank you, Deb! I hope you get the chance to read it soon and really enjoy it!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fab review, So glad you enjoyed it! 👍

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Fab review, So glad you enjoyed it! 👍"

Thank you, Mary Beth!

Susanne  Strong Glad to see that you ended up really liking this one Brenda! Great review!

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends Susanne wrote: "Glad to see that you ended up really liking this one Brenda! Great review!"

Thank you, Susanne!