Kristen Johnson's Reviews > Dare

Dare by S.L. Scott

Oh Dare — You are so very much worth the wait.

Full review to come

One thing I can always count on when reading S.L. Scott's Rockstars is falling in love with not only the main character, but the entire band - that hasn't changed. Dare captivated me from the first page til the last.

Dare introduces us to a new Austin Band, the Heroes, and brings us the story of Dare and Weatherly. Let me first say that I love how on point Scott always is when it comes to bringing to life band members. I don't know how she always brings such compelling guys to the group and makes me want to know everything about them from the start - but obviously the main focus of this story is Dare. And Weatherly.

I love how this story took the rockstar trope and spun it a bit to suit these characters, this isn't only a story about a rockstar - it's a story about Destiny and the people in our lives who bring us to the men and women we become. I loved the depth of both Dare and Weatherly's characters and how their story spanned more than just chemistry and connection and a blossoming love.

You know a book is great, when you are thinking about it's characters long after you've turned the last page and left their world. That's how I felt for hours after closing my kindle on these two, thinking of Dare and Weatherly, and wanting more from this group.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dare.

June 26, 2019 – Shelved