Nat ReadingAllNite's Reviews > Unspoken Vow

Unspoken Vow by Eden Finley

bookshelves: author-site, just-my-review, arc-read, m-m, 2019-favorites

I’m not even sure my review can do justice to this story. If you read book one, which I strongly suggest that you do, you already know much of what happened to Anders. This is not the heaviest story with PTSD as a central theme that I’ve read. I did get teary when Anders saw himself as never having the life or partner he once thought he’d have. There were many lighter moments of banter and humor and Lucky/Meatball the cat was actually my favorite character. Brody was the kind of guy you wanted to hug but also smack upside the head for working for his dad. Anders’ and Brody’s journey was one step forward and two steps back until it became a whole lot of steps back.

I could not stop reading to find out if Anders would work things out for himself or with Brody. Anders was terribly annoying at times but I could easily empathize with how his mind often worked against him. He was given so much courage, just as Brody found his own. Dual perspectives were excellent in showing the battles in each man’s mind. The majority of my tears came during the author’s “Dear Readers” afterword where she discusses the writing process for this book. As I mentioned above, read Lawson and Reed’s story. It absolutely can be read by itself but I don’t think reading this as a stand-alone would have the same impact. Great characters, angst without needless drama and a plot leavened with laughter alongside the troubles. Recommended!

*An ARC was provided by the author, publisher or a promotional service and I have chosen to publish a fair and honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unspoken Vow.

June 26, 2019 – Started Reading