Lilli's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

Mar 02, 2012

I've seen the negative reviews for this book, and as other reviewers have said if you aren't familiar with her blog then I can understand being surprised by the non-recipe entries. I happen to love her blog and the step by step photos are greatly helpful for some dishes. On my shelves are many cookbooks some are just straightforward cookbooks with pages and pages of recipes. The ones that I treasure and love are the cookbooks with stories and extras, which this book quickly became one of my most used. For me cooking and food in general are things that I love and I appreciate the love and fun that so apparent in this book. The olive loaf and MM sandwich are two recipes that are in constant demand at dinner and family gatherings. It's also nice to have such a wide range of difficulty level in one book there's definitely something for everyone and with the step by step photos even if you're a little over your head it becomes easier than just words on a page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman Cooks.