Michele's Reviews > Fake Date

Fake Date by Monica  Murphy

bookshelves: 2019-reads, arc, contemp-romance, fake-relationship, netgalley, wealthy-character

4 1/2 stars!

I absolutely loved Fake Date! This is a great story that checked all of my boxes. It had a little bit of everything I like. It was a little enemies to lovers, a little fake relationship, a broody hero who always seems aloof and angry but is really protecting his heart because he's a bit damaged (I just want to fix him) and heroine who is taking care of everyone but herself and deserves a freaking break (and he wants to give her one). There's a good back story to why Jared is who he is and there is much more to him than meets the eye. You initially think he's a complete womanizer since Sarah meets him in the lingerie store where he comes in periodically to buy lingerie for his assumed mistresses...but who is he really buying it for? Their connection is palpable. However, it's even more noticeable when they both try to ignore it and act as if there is nothing there. Jared truly doesn't know how to handle a woman that doesn't fall at his feet. Sarah was definitely not that type of woman. The gradual development of Sarah and Jared's relationship was perfect. It wasn't insta-love. They were continually one step forward and then two steps back in their relationship until they really put their feelings on the line.

Ms. Murphy's Dating series is quite enjoyable. I like how they keep a little connection to each other as you read each subsequent book. However, you can also easily read these as standalones.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fake Date.

June 25, 2019 – Shelved