Silver James's Reviews > Boomtown

Boomtown by Lani Lynn Vale

bookshelves: audio-books, library, 2019-books-read, motorcycle, romance, suspense

Boomtown (Freebirds, #1) by Lani Lynn Vale I actually listened to the audio version that just released, but isn't listed on GR yet. As I understand things, this is the first book in the whole "Dixie Warden" franchise, before the Dixie Wardens came into existence. I'm familiar with Sam, the hero, from previously reading other books by this author. Wow. Had I actually read things in "order," I would have hated his father, but...well...spoilers for anyone who hasn't read any of Vale's books.

It's been awhile and I'd forgotten that the author often plays loose with "real life" facts. While her doing so pushes some of my WTH buttons, she still manages to write with enough emotion that I get past the rolling eye stage and can settle in to just enjoy the tale. Sam and Cheyenne make a good pair and I love the by-play between Cheyenne and her BFF Ember. There's sexy bits, action bits, sad bits, and funny bits. Mason Lloyd and Stephanie Rose handle narration duties well. I'll probably give this series a read/listen as the books become available in audio.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boomtown.

June 25, 2019 – Started Reading