Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks's Reviews > The Wish Collector

The Wish Collector by Mia Sheridan

11913659
I've only read one other Mia Sheridan book and I think I was much pickier about what I liked and didn't. In this case, the story is multi-dimensional with rich characters. There's a lot to love here.

There were two minor things that would have been nice. One was to have had a better look at the world of ballet. That said, it might have made the story too "heavy" and busy. The only other thing was the hint of the other ballet dancer (Marco?) and what happened in the dark corridor being left as a loose end. On the other hand, that could have seemed more threatening than it actually was thru our main character's eyes at the time, because she was scared.

I appreciated the depth that Sheridan gave to Jonah. His was no easy issue; it could have gotten tedious but she was able to give him a realistic process of working through his pain and fear. I loved the honesty we got from Clara. The magical element had it's place; the resolution there was really good.

All in all this was a great story done well, and the narration by Virginia Rose and Zachary Webber was fantastic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wish Collector.

June 23, 2019 – Started Reading