Lesley Mckenna's Reviews > Death Takes a Holiday at Pemberley

Death Takes a Holiday at Pemberley by Kelly   Miller

U 50x66

Pride & Prejudice & the supernatural.

I began reading this with a little trepidation because I am not a big fan of Sci-fi or stories about anything otherworldly, but this story was more Jane Austen-y than it was otherworldly. Yes, there was an angel but there were no halos or wings; Graham (why Graham? It is not a particularly Regency-type, nor indeed, an angel type name) had all the appearance of a human, if a little divine in the looks department. He was a likeable character, but the depiction of Darcy, was, in my opinion, superb. Lizzy too was beautifully written, as were the other P&P characters and the few new characters, besides Graham, we are introduced to.

The writing was excellent; I cannot remember any jarring instances of terrible grammar or spelling mistakes. Kelly Miller, as a first time author should be commended, particularly because she is an American author who went out of her way to use British spelling and language reminiscent of the Regency period.

Well done Kelly. 5 stars. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Takes a Holiday at Pemberley.

Started Reading