Peyton Hammond's Reviews > The Great Jewel Robbery

The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna

~I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review~

I bow down to an author who can make a friendship from college seem like it was from childhood. They way Emma and Grace flow together make it seem like they have known each other their whole lives which is the friendships I love to read about.

Emma and Grace are very well written. The author reveals a little bit about where they came from without it feeling like it takes away from the overall plot. She makes this seem so effortless and flawless. You can see the love she had for her characters. Again, I bow down to her.

The first couple of pages seemed very slow but they really were not, I was just extremely tired when I tried to start reading this book. So, I started again the next morning and I really enjoyed it. I love that the introduction to Emma and Grace was when Emma wanted a doughnut in a gas station but someone bought it before her. She was disappointed and that was when I felt a very strong connection with her. The writing was amazing and I plan on checking out her other books whenever I get a second.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Jewel Robbery.

Started Reading