Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > The Rainbow Comes and Goes: A Mother and Son On Life, Love, and Loss

The Rainbow Comes and Goes by Anderson Cooper

bookshelves: read2019, audiobook, epistolary, hoopla, reading-envy-podcast

his book was first mentioned on Episode 064 of the Reading Envy Podcast by Tracy Landrith back in August 2016, but of course the recent death of Gloria Vanderbilt (and touching tribute by son Anderson Cooper on CNN) brought it back to mind. My longtime friend Kimberly read it and sent me an email about it, and wanting to discuss it with her I downloaded it from hoopla and my husband and I listened to it while driving around in the mountains on our anniversary.

Gloria Vanderbilt undoubtedly has a fascinating life that spans almost an entire century, her wealth and circle connecting her to many famous and influential people throughout her life. But due to painful losses in her childhood and an early abusive marriage she considers herself more of a self-made woman, a trait that she passed on to her son Anderson. The audio is basically the two of them reading emails they sent one another, much heavier on Gloria than Anderson (who is interviewing more than he is sharing.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rainbow Comes and Goes.

June 24, 2019 – Started Reading