Kathy Heare Watts's Reviews > To Win Her Heart

To Win Her Heart by Tina Dee

“IT’S PROVIDENCE THAT WE MET HERE TODAY—PROVIDENCE I TELL YOU.”

While the story is part of the Whispers in Wyoming book series, each book will read well as a stand-alone. They are the creation by a talented group of authors and as the name indicates, takes place in the state of Wyoming. The book is a clean, sweet romance, but not one without some angst and emotions. It includes two very special people, sweethearts, Josh Riggs from one of the ranching families, and Kendall Myers who hails from an upper-class business family.

What happens when Kendall overhears a private conversation between her parents? What a shock to learn her father thinks so poorly of her. Then at dinner, her father presents her with a project, one involving the estate of her late Uncle and Aunt in Moose Breath, Wyoming.

“They had a project for her, one they wanted her to take seriously. One Daddy expected her to handle with precise care—code words for don’t mess this up, but you probably will.”

The story will begin with Josh planning on proposing to Kendall, and everything that was planned did not include her turning him down. What a shock, confusion, heartache, and then to get back to the ranch and there is his brother and his family with more news. How much more can God place on Josh?

“I’m sorry, I just can’t be a rancher’s wife. Not now.”

What a shock when Mr. Myers proposes a plan to both Kendall and Josh—a marriage the next day at the Justice of the Peace with a large reception after the Myers extended vacation abroad. That way Kendall and Josh will both be going to Moose Breath to deal with the estate. Could this be the opportunity for both of them?

“I want to get married, but it would be a marriage of convenience. How is that her perfect life had suddenly become so dark and stormy? Life was becoming more puzzling by the moment.”

The story will have Josh and Kendall married, but it will be in name only. They will travel to Moose Breath and begin the process of dealing with the estate, which includes a lodge and not the quaint Victorian house that Kendall remembers. She will meet some interesting people that will play critical roles in the story. Josh will search for a job and find one as the new foreman for Blake Corbett.

The story is also a journey into the past as Kendall reads a journal kept by her great grandmother than shares her life, married to a stranger who is a trapper, and it isn’t a sweet romance, but one that comes over time, learning to be patient and understanding, acceptance of things, and eventually making a marriage. It makes Kendall appraise her situation with the hope that things will have a happy ending for her and Josh.

A contest will have two strong contenders both needing the grand prize of ten thousand dollars. It will also cause some issues between Josh and Kendall. Will Kendall do the right thing, listening to the still voice of God? Will Josh see that his wife is more than just a pretty face and good cook, but deep down, a kind and loving woman? Or will it be too late?

“But, girl, you’re driving me in a direction I don’t want to go. I can’t handle you being so single-minded in a purpose that’s so very selfish—at least it looks that way.”

The story is a growing and learning experience for both Josh and Kendall. Yes, sometimes things happen to good Christians, but it doesn’t mean God isn’t with you—maybe in his timing, he has something even greater for you. It is learning to trust, even when you don’t think you can and continually seek God’s guidance, and blessing will be bestowed. The story is Christian based without being preachy.

“I learn to be content, measuring what I have, instead of what I don’t, and thanking our LORD, the Great Provider, for it all.”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Win Her Heart.

June 24, 2019 – Shelved