Lisa's Reviews > Behind Blue Eyes

Behind Blue Eyes by C.S. Duffy

bookshelves: ibbb-year-3

This is a wonderfully put together murder mystery. The author does a good job of laying the false and true tale at the same time. They characters were interesting, likable and unlikable at the same time. The story flowed fairly well. It kept me wanting to know more so i read this fairly quickly.

This had to be tough on Ellie. Moving to a new place, learning their customs and not really having the support of her main squeeze. I agreed with many of her actions but I would not put up with the rudeness that followed. It would have been “London here I come!” The other characters were the likable and unlikable kind. Maybe aloof would be a better term. Cool to Ellie but super friendly to Johan. While I didn’t love them they added to the story moving along at a good pace.

The ending was stuff nightmares are made of. I was cringing and, OK I’m am just going to say it....shocked. I am definitely “in” for the next book because who knows what will happen now.

My only complaint would be at the beginning chapters is to say who is giving their POV of the story. The first few chapters were a struggle for me because I wasn’t sure who was talking and what tense (present, past) we were in. I guess as the book moved on it became mostly clear who was telling the story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind Blue Eyes.

June 24, 2019 – Shelved