AngryGreyCat's Reviews > Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder

Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder by Amy Lillard

I received a free digital copy of this title from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

Can’t Judge a Book by its Murder is the first in A Main Street Book Club Mystery Series by Amy Lillard set in small town Mississippi. Arlo Stanley owns a book store with a coffee shop attached along with her friend Chloe. The entire town is getting revved up for a big reunion, which is seeing the return of a local boy who has “done good” as a nationally known crime writer. Arlo and Chloe both knew him in high school and when he ends up dead on the doorstep of their shop, Chloe finds herself in jail and Arlo launches an investigation to free her friend.

A well done southern, small town setting with a nice cadre of side characters in terms of both the book club members and the Chief of Police, Mads, and the PI, Sam, as possible future love interests. The mystery is well done with plenty of red herrings. I was firmly convinced I knew who did it and I was completely wrong! Enjoyable start to a cozy mystery series. I look forward to more in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder.

June 24, 2019 – Started Reading