Melanie's Reviews > The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez

it was ok
bookshelves: contemporary, buddy-reads, read-in-2019, romance, paloma

I personally just really didn't like how the sensitive subject was handled in this book, and I think it could be very hurtful to people living with infertility. Also, the friend was done so dirty. I don't know, this was just a miss for me.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

Buddy read with Paloma, Chelsea, & Joce! ❤

I read this for SummerAThon! ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Friend Zone.

June 24, 2019 – Started Reading
June 24, 2019 – Shelved
June 24, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary
June 24, 2019 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
June 24, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
June 24, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
June 25, 2019 – Shelved as: paloma
June 25, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

❤︎ i've heard about the ending and it upsets me so much. 've wanted to read this book because i struggle with the same issues and i wanted a book that would realize it's not the end of the world and for some of us there isn't that "hea" and that's OKAY. sucks the book was advertised one way and then kinda sold out like that

Ilyse Absolutely!

message 3: by hayaat (new) - added it

hayaat ♥ ugh the ending was just,, not it

message 4: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Langford Sorry this one wasn’t for you Melanie! Can’t wait for you review 😊

BernLuvsBooks I felt similar about the ending. I really enjoyed the book until then but it just left me with such mixed feelings. I really felt it should have gone a different way. It took away from my overall enjoyment of the book for sure.

Serene Chamberlin As someone who could relate 100% to this book, and recieved the same miracle, I appreciated the way the author handled the sensitive subject. Life isn't always pretty, and it was a breath of fresh air to read a book that realized that. Sorry this one didn't do it for you. 😞

Felicia Botelho I felt the opposite! As someone dealing with infertility I appreciated the hopeful ending.