Karen (BaronessBookTrove)'s Reviews > The Great Jewel Robbery

The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna

16871953

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Stolen jewels?! For an auction to help raise money for kids?
The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna is the first book in a hopefully long cozy mystery series. Ms. McKenna has me hooked. I especially want to know if the main character and her best friend will stay in Fontana instead of going back to Chicago.
Emma Moore
Emma Moore is one of the main characters but the only narrator. It's in the first-person perspective of Emma who is a journalist of the Chicago Tribune. She covers sports because of her background in sports. Emma is twenty-six years old and is enjoying life. Along with sharing somethings that she wouldn't get without being friends with Grace.
Grace Warner
Grace Warner is the other main character even though all we see of her is from Emma's perspective. She, out of the two, is very into getting everything right and doing a great job as the Life and Style journalist of the newspaper. Granted she only got this since she knows a lot of the society people that she is reporting on. Grace is also brought Emma to this party with her. She is also the reason why they first start to investigate but then Emma just really wants to figure it out as it gets further in.
Detective Ryan O'Mara
Ryan O'Mara is the cop and love interest of this book. He likes Emma and Emma likes him. Or at least that is what we think. They definitely have chemistry from the first page to the last. Ryan is of Jamaican and Irish descent and he loves his job as a detective. He doesn't like it when Emma and Grace try to solve things since that makes it harder for him. Ryan also doesn't like it when they keep evidence from him either.
Mystery
The mystery in this book is a three-parter. The first part is that Walter Braun, the host's brother, is found in the study knocked out. The second part is the jewelry that they were auctioning off is stolen. The third part is that someone was murdered. Ryan has to figure out if the three of these things are connected especially since the third part of the mystery didn't happen until the very next day. Can Ryan or Emma and Grace figure this out before Monday? Or will the person or persons get away with it?
Five Stars
The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna is a fantastic book. I loved it from the first page of the book until the end. Ms. McKenna did it again creating a wonderful book. I can't wait for the next one in this series. I am giving this a five-star rating. Along with recommending it to everyone that loves cozy mysteries.

Giveaway
Prize:  (1) Digital Copy of THE GREAT JEWEL ROBBERY+ a $25 Amazon Gift Card

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Tour Organized by:
great-escape-button244

To find all the tour information, click the banner at the top of the page or HERE.
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?   Click Here Find Details and Sign Up Today!

Thank you for dropping by! I hope you enjoyed this review of The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna. Oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway.

Until the next time,

Karen Signature

Happy Reading!

This review was originally posted on Baroness' Book Trove

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Jewel Robbery.

June 23, 2019 – Shelved