Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > Fix Her Up

Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey

Initial Impressions 9/24/19: I was hoping for more with this book! It was a decent read but I never really got into it. I felt like the characters were a little shallow, which isn't usually something I focus on with quick and cute romances but I was turned off by a few interactions and I really wanted some more depth with some of these backstories and things like the sibling relationships. I also thought that the actual renovations and carpentry/whatever was going to play more of a role in the book but the male lead was actually a baseball player and the female lead was a clown (literally) so the family business is the one that's dealing with the renovations. I was just expecting that to be a little more closely tied with the main characters. Travis does end up doing some work for them but it's really more in the background with the exception of one grand gesture.

I also just didn't love some of the dialogue and some of the things -- both romantic/sexy and just general conversation -- felt forced, which could have just been me not connecting but some of the writing style just wasn't for me. I've started to pick up more of these romances and I enjoyed the read but just not nearly as much as I thought I would. I probably won't continue on in the series since some of the things I didn't love were more fundamental about the writing style more than anything else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fix Her Up.

June 23, 2019 – Shelved