Emily's Reviews > Relentless: Changing Lives by Disrupting the Educational Norm

Relentless by Hamish Brewer

This book was a clear, easy to read story about what happens when you believe in yourself, your staff, your students, and take a no holds barred approach to education. Hamish Brewer (“the tattooed skateboarding principal”) is a principal in my county who I first heard about through the local news. My mom recommended his book to me and I’m so glad that she did. Mr. Brewer is passionate about everything he does and that comes through in his writing. I enjoyed reading his stories of success and of learning from failure, but even more I enjoyed his mantra of being all-in for the students. There are lots of opinions in education, but one that both Mr. Brewer and I hold strongly is that relationships are the key to everything. This book isn’t exactly a memoir and it isn’t exactly a guide to educational success, but it is a story of how passion and dedication have impacted the lives of individuals and communities. I definitely recommend this book to folks in education and I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for opportunities to see Mr. Brewer speak.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relentless.

June 23, 2019 – Started Reading