Tari's Reviews > Haunted House Murder

Haunted House Murder by Leslie Meier

bookshelves: wish-list, netgalley, aug-2019-e-reader-challenge

There were three really fun mysteries in this compilation. I love all these authors' series to begin with, so I wanted to finally read one of their holiday collections, and since Halloween is my second favorite holiday, (Christmas being my first fave), I couldn't resist requesting it from NetGalley.

The first one, Haunted House Murder, is a Lucy Stone mystery and is actually a shorter missing person type of mystery, but the other two did have the expected murders, and I didn't guess the killers in either of one of them. I couldn't believe that Lucy's grandson Patrick is already eight years old.

In the Hayley Powell mystery, Death by Haunted House, readers don't have to be worried at all if they haven't read any other Hayley Powells, because this one takes place before the series even started. It was fun getting an insight into what Danny was like as a husband (kind of goofy and didn't think things through a lot.) The first two books definitely had a similar theme: don't judge your new neighbors by what they appear to be.

In the last mystery, Hallowed Out, by Barbara Ross of the Maine Clambake series, there was a really interesting murder that took place during a ghost tour reenactment. I loved that Le Roi the cat unraveled something that was bothering Julia a little bit. After reading this, I realized that it's been far too long since I read a Maine Clambake mystery, and that I need to read one soon.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted House Murder.

June 23, 2019 – Shelved