Tari's Reviews > Murder at the PTA

Murder at the PTA by Lee Hollis

bookshelves: won-book, 2020-ebooks, netgalley

I really enjoyed this book a lot! I knew I'd like anything this author writes, because I love their other two series. It's great how they can set a different tone for each series they've written. Maya and Sandra were the two most unlikely candidates for sleuthing partners, but they worked together really well once Maya adjusted to Sandra being a senator's wife. She soon found out that Sandra wasn't the typical prissy trophy wife but someone who was very committed to a new friendship and possibly sleuthing partnership. Sandra was pretty smart and able to read people well too.

Someone had offed the vice principal of the high school the night that Sandra had her first PTA meeting as president, and the woman's sister hired Maya's PI firm to prove that it was murder not suicide. What a crazy web of deception and secrets this all led to! I loved it, and the showdown was super exciting, at least to me. The wrap-up was great and whatever wasn't already explained got mentioned as to the outcome. What a fun ending! Now I can't wait for the next book!

I won a Kindle copy of this book in the Goodreads giveaway, but that in no way affected my review, and my opinions are completely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder at the PTA.

June 22, 2019 – Shelved
September 26, 2020 – Started Reading
September 26, 2020 –
September 27, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Cozy Reads (new) - added it

Cozy Reads Glad you enjoyed it. I really love her Hayley Powell series

Tari Cozy Reads wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it. I really love her Hayley Powell series"
Thanks! I love the Hayley Powell series as well, it's just downright hilarious sometimes!