Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡'s Reviews > The Fall of Legend

The Fall of Legend by Meghan March

20997898

liked it
bookshelves: arc

Meghan March lures me in without fail! Every damn time. She’s a prolific author of fast paced and suspense filled romances that always feature a strong-willed heroine and the broodiest, protective hero. The Fall of Legend doesn’t deviate too much from this common form she’s established, but that doesn’t make this narrative, with all its new characters and situations any lesser.

He’s menacing, raw, and otherworldly. Every move he makes, from the way he leans on his desk to the way he offers his hand, is precise, efficient, and carries the impression of leashed power.

Unfathomable facets manifest themselves into forming Gabriel Legend, a rough ex-cage fighter with a hard, difficult past that was only revealed in tidbits. Strength emanates in immeasurable waves from this man, exuding an untouchable and toughed exterior, but beneath the tarnished surface is someone who possesses an affectionate, tender side. Gabriel’s the broodiest, most appealing of March’s heroes to date!

Why I’m fixated on him, I can’t explain. Maybe because he lives in the shadows, while I live in the limelight.

Scarlett Priest appears to be nothing more than a self-absorbed, shallow socialite, but don’t be misled by Scarlett’s surface appearance—she’s determined, self-assured and stubborn; unafraid to pursue her dreams even when they feel trivial and childish, or chase after an enigmatic man who incites her hidden pleasures. Despite these favourable qualities, Scarlett isn’t as fierce as March’s previous heroines and she didn’t have that same strong-willed attitude we admire.

That one kiss was better than anything I’ve felt in a hell of a long time. Innocent. Sweet. But with a promise of fire.

Gabriel and Scarlett have a delicious slow burn romance that kindles and crackles into an intense connection. It was a long and languid adventure reaching this inevitable outcome, because when they finally connected they became inflamed; bonded within the confines of wanton desires and ferocious need. No matter how enamoured Gabriel and Scarlett left me, I had an issue with this romance’s development.

I’m used to March creating lust-filled, untamed romances that sometimes border over the top, but the journeys and conclusions are always satisfying. I wanted to love and adore Gabriel and Scarlett, but there seems to be more separation than connection, making it difficult to appreciate this relationship. Regardless of my issues or thoughts, I’m excited to witness how Gabriel and Scarlett undergo romantic and character development, because this is something always guaranteed with the author.

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fall of Legend.

June 22, 2019 – Shelved
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 29, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
November 14, 2019 – Started Reading
November 18, 2019 –
November 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Lovely review, Rochelle <3 x

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "Lovely review, Rochelle <3 x"