Claire Grace's Reviews > Hate List

F 50x66
Mar 01, 2012

Claire Grace
English project

In the book Hate List by Jennifer Brown the main character is Valerie. She is the type of girl who feels like she has to take on the world by herself. She is kind of a negative person and in my opinion has depression problem. She hangs out with people who are also like her which is where she met her boyfriend who name is Nick. He was very unpredictable and mysterious.
The plot of this book is very realistic. Shootings happen in a lot of school. Kids don’t know how to handle their feelings and a shooting is sometimes a result of this. The Hate List is not predictable. When she ends a chapter she keeps you waiting more. The only thing I don’t like is that it moves kind of slow and feels like it repeats it’s self sometimes.
Jennifer Brown write it a simple way, she doesn’t have you reading a paragraph over and over again just to understand what she was trying to say. Also she does not use enormous un usual words that you don’t know what they mean. Jennifer Brown tells the story through Valerie’s view which really make you care about her. You feel and see everything like it was you going through this.
After I finished the Hate List I started to think about bullying and how kids who “don’t fit in” feel. Sometime people get overwhelmed and don’t know how to handle all of their stress. People need to think about things before they say it because one simple word can really trigger a feeling and ruin someone whole day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hate List.