Marureviere's Reviews > The Judgment of Paris

The Judgment of Paris by Rebecca  Sharp

bookshelves: 2019-reads, 5-stars-of-2019, age-gap

5 STARS!

Ah, what a way to end the story! This book took me on a wild rollercoaster of emotions, one that I'm least likely to forget. I've highlighted so many lines on this book I can barely keep up with myself.

Troian and Léo's love story is tumultuous; they went through a lot of obstacles. Sacrifices were made, judgments were drawn, hurdles were met and conquered.

This book talked about love through different views and avenues. Through different experiences and understanding.

"Love didn’t work proportionally; it made you feel in exponentials. Exponentially more happiness. Exponentially more pain."

"...only normal people love normally.
And I was broken and desperate. So, I loved brokenly and desperately."

"...love is only like our chemicals in one way: once two molecules have joined, have reacted, it is a very rare circumstance to be able to break them apart and pull them back to their natural state.”

Above all, it talked about how love is incredibly rare and should be worth fighting for. No matter what.

"What we have isn’t one end of the spectrum, it is the spectrum. Black and white and every goddamn shade of gray in between. It is the beginning, the middle, and the end. It is everything."

"Love is both the sacrifice and the reward. The need to give it all and the desire to take it all.
Love is pleasure and pain. Beginning and end."

This story is intense as it is passionate. It will take you an a journey of love and slef-discovery. Totally recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Judgment of Paris.

June 22, 2019 – Shelved
June 22, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
July 15, 2019 – Started Reading
July 15, 2019 –
page 60
18.07% " 'Why can’t you just love like a normal person, Troy?’

Because only normal people love normally.
And I was broken and desperate. So, I loved brokenly and desperately.
"
July 15, 2019 –
47.0% " "The world raised me to believe I needed every answer to every feeling, every resolution to every situation, and every decision about the future. But that’s not how life works. In fact, I’ve realized that overthinking life is what destroys it. Living is about making mistakes. It’s about trusting the wrong people, and then forgiving them or forgiving yourself." "
July 15, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-reads