Kim's Reviews > Dating Mr. Right

Dating Mr. Right by Lauren Blakely

bookshelves: to-read

4.5 stars...A collection of four sweet and fun novellas from Lauren Blakely to get a taste of her writing style or to reconnect with some side characters from other stories.

Lucky Suit:
Kristen is a scientist in Florida who believes in math, algorithms, and formulas. And that includes finding a soul mate so she has decided to give up real-life dating and trust online matches. Even though she can be serious, she is also sassy, sarcastic, and dances to the beat of her own drummer.

We met Cameron in Birthday Suit as he works with Lulu on her chocolate business in New York and also likes photography. He is analytical, intelligent, outgoing, and loves to debate. He has never trusted online dating, and has relied on typical meetups and setups without much success.

They have different views on how to meet people and live very different lives, but they seem to be driven together by outside forces. These two are both smart, inquisitive, funny, and talkative. But does online conversation really translate to real life chemistry? And if so, what will they even be able to really do about it?

This is an adorable, sweet, witty, and swoony novella. I really liked the quirky characters and the fun, flirty, and snarky banter. It had a couple of little twists that made me think and it kept me thoroughly entertained. It can totally be read as a cute stand-alone romance, but fans of Birthday Suit will enjoy more with Cameron and his friend Lulu.

Once Upon A Red Hot Kiss:
This is a sweet little valentine story about Macy and Kirby who were side characters in the Heartbreakers series. Kirby sings duets with his sister, Ally. Macy works for them as their manager.

Kirby is jaded about holidays and especially about Valentine's Day since he feels like it has brought him nothing but bad luck. He is funny, smart, but kind of grumpy and introverted. Macy is his complete opposite. She is perky, positive, extroverted, and adores all holidays to the extreme.

They are good friends, but each has been harboring crushes and they have no clue how the other really feels. They are both afraid of losing their friendship.

Will paper hearts and cupid's arrows this Vday finally inspire one of them to make a move out of the friend zone or will it just be another ho-hum holiday?

This is a cute, fun, and sexy story about friendship, luck, and love. I really liked Kirby and Macy and the whole opposite personalities attracting. I enjoyed getting more with Ally and Miller before their book Once Upon a Sure Thing.

Too Good To Be True
This is a sweet, sexy novellete for Flynn and Dylan's sister, Olivia. She is an ethical hacker and tech nerd, but she has other fun interests. But she has been hurt so she is guarded and picky. She tends to self-sabotage to avoid getting hurt.

But Flynn convinces her to give Evie the matchmaker a try. Enter smart, sweet, funny vet Herb Smith. He has his own relationship issues and fears.

The matchmaker thinks they will be a match made in Heaven with similar interests and personalities. Will it be a love match or is he too good to be true? And is Olivia brave enough to truly find out?

I really liked both of these characters and their banter. I enjoyed more with Flynn (this takes place prior to his book, Come As You AreCome As You Are). This is short, sweet, and so much fun.

Strong Suit:
I loved Noah and Ginny in Birthday Suit. This short gives us a sneak peek into the wannabe courtship of the younger, vibrant, charming, sexy, flirty Noah Rivera, and the older, more cautious, single mom, Ginny. Noah is nothing if not persistent and he is determined to win her over somehow. Ginny is going to try hard to resist his charms and find his faults, but Noah is one charismatic and determined man. This short tease leads into Birthday Suit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dating Mr. Right.

June 21, 2019 – Shelved