Jena Henry's Reviews > The Kindness Method: Change Your Habits for Good Using Self-Compassion and Understanding

The Kindness Method by Shahroo Izadi

Read 2 times

How many times have you tried a new diet, blown the new diet, and yelled at yourself? Or what about drinking- tired of the hangovers? But, it’s so hard to stop drinking. What’s wrong with you?

Nothing. Nothing is wrong with you. That’s the message I learned from author Shahroo Izadi who has written an excellent book, The Kindness Method- Change Your Habits for Good Using Self-Compassion and Understanding. She has worked as a drug counsellor and also has faced a weight challenge, so she knows how to focus on changing habits.

Her premise is that we should show compassion, forgiveness and kindness to ourselves. When we have trouble making a life change, it’s not because we are “bad”, or “weak” or “lazy.” Would you say those words to other people? Please don’t say them to yourself! Instead, learn to be kind to yourself.

“Kindness” means taking action to create your most enjoyable and exciting life. Look at the big picture! “Kindness” is not following for the latest fad or quick-fix. With friendly, understanding language, the author shares her step-by step process of using maps and journals to learn more about yourself and prepare to have the rich and fulfilling life you want.

Shahroo Izadi is a Behavioral Change Specialist. She provides relapse prevention coaching and support groups at a recovery house for young women in addition to delivering sold-out workshops designed to help people change any habit on their own terms. Her work has drawn attention from BBC Radio 1, The Telegraph, Red Magazine, The Pool, and more. Her laid-back, non-judgmental style that rejects the traditional professional-patient dynamic has proven to be a huge success and her ambition is to make evidence-based psychological tools accessible to the public.

Thanks to NetGalley, St. Martin’s Press, St. Martin’s Essentials for a digital review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kindness Method.

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
June 21, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
June 21, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen Connolly I want to read this book based on Jena's review!