Jen Jenson's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Mar 01, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: children-teens, cultural, fluff, romance, did-not-enjoy, foreign-living

Gag me!
I started out really enjoying this book and it moved quickly at the beginning, but then it started sneaking in some of the teenage lovey crap that is completely unrealistic. The teenage mentality, writing & dialog drives me batty. Sometimes, I think this author (Ms. Perkins) took writing lessons from Stephanie Myers. :| This has such potential but horrid teenage girl useless drama. She seriously writes like Stephanie Myers. :( I'm only continued on for the sake of finishing... I was so grateful that this finally ended! I felt such a rush of relief!

Finished 12 December 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

March 1, 2012 – Shelved
December 11, 2013 – Started Reading
December 11, 2013 – Shelved as: children-teens
December 11, 2013 – Shelved as: cultural
December 11, 2013 – Shelved as: fluff
December 11, 2013 – Shelved as: romance
December 11, 2013 –
page 93
25.0% "So far really liking some things but some of the teenage lovey crap makes me want to gag."
December 12, 2013 –
page 209
56.18% "So much of this book has potential. But the teenage mentality, writing & dialog drives me batty. Sometimes, I think Ms. Perkins took writing lessons from Stephanie Myers. :|"
December 13, 2013 – Finished Reading
December 16, 2013 –
page 339
91.13% "Gag me. This has such potential but horrid teenage girl useless drama. She seriously writes like Myers. :( I'm only continuing on for the sake of finishing... I can't take any more today though before I throw up! :("
December 17, 2013 –
page 371
99.73% "Finally finished! It was awful!!!!!!!!!!! :("
December 30, 2013 – Shelved as: did-not-enjoy