Amanda's Reviews > Three Women

Three Women by Lisa Taddeo

20971541

“Three Women” is an intense look at the lives of 3 women, delving into their lives over an 8 year period, where they have been interviewed in their home towns. It intrigued me as it was an intimate look at their thoughts and desires, rather like reading someone’s diary.

The 3 women live in different areas, are different ages and social classes, yet they still have the same desires and hopes for the future.

I couldn’t help love Maggie, Sloanne and Lina and even though they chose paths that I wouldn’t have, you are totally drawn into their lives. The way these women act in relationships and how the author portrays it in a non judgemental way means you can relate to their stories in one way or another.

A compelling book that made me think about how I am in a relationship and how my past has influenced my present choices.

This book will stay with me for a long time after reading it, as I think about the courage they had in revealing the true essence of themselves and hope wherever they are, they find contentment.

If you want something different this is the book for you. Beautifully written with its raw honesty, it made me laugh, cry and shout out in despair. Every woman should read this book!!

Thank you to Netgalley for my copy in exchange for a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Women.

Finished Reading
June 20, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Bev (new) - added it

Bev Taylor what is the connection between the three ?

bev

Amanda Being dependent on a man and being disappointed by men!

message 3: by Dita (new)

Dita Great review!

Cydney Cort I think they all give in to the power of desire and suffer because really who isn’t a fool for love.