Karen M's Reviews > Life and Other Inconveniences

Life and Other Inconveniences by Kristan Higgins

bookshelves: chick-lit, first-reads, own

I started reading this book and as each character was introduced I began to form the opinion that this was a very unlikable group of characters except for one, Riley.

I’ll be very truthful and say I really didn’t like these women who were so stuck in the past that they were just plain stupid. Well, half ways through the book I began to warm up to these characters. It was a very slow process but it did happen. In fact, I even had to pick up a tissue at one point which completely surprised me when I remembered how I initially felt about these characters. I’m always proclaiming that a book must have characters that I feel something for, love or hate, just make me feel some emotion and I really felt emotions with this book so it was the perfect read for me.

This book is told from various points of view of the different characters and the author did a very good job of keeping the voices so distinct that I had no problem keeping them straight in my mind as I read. I try not to “tell the story” in a review because you can read the back of the book or the summary for that information. So instead I will say that the storyline was interesting with a bit of a mystery and that’s all I’m telling you except that Kristan Higgins has written a book that I truly enjoyed reading.

I received this ARC from Berkley via a FirstReads giveaway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life and Other Inconveniences.

June 20, 2019 – Shelved
page 110
July 7, 2019 –
page 199
July 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Melissa Great review, Karen! KH makes it easy to warm up to her characters and by the end, you don't want to let them go.