Lauren's Reviews > I'm Watching You

I'm Watching You by Karen      Rose

Mar 01, 2012

bookshelves: pregnancy, romantic-suspense, serial-killers, stalkers, journalism, revenge, vigilante, cop-hero

I'm Watching You
4 Stars

ASA Kristen Mayhew has a dangerous secret admirer. He writes her letters and leaves her gifts - the bodies of men who have escaped punishment for their crimes. Now, Kristen together with Detective Abe Reagan must follow the clues and stop the killer before his thirst for vengeance makes her a target for murder.

Captivating characters and a gripping plot that makes a serious indictment against the justice system.

The story provides compelling insight into the mind of a man driven to kill out of a need for justice - even though he is a killer, it is difficult not to understand and perhaps even root for his actions. The questions of good and evil, right and wrong are put to the test in this book.

Even though it is easy to guess the identity of the culprit, the investigation is interesting and their are enough clues and red-herrings to keep you turning the pages.

The romance is engaging although there are one or two themes that don't appeal to me - the hero is a widower and is still hung up on his dead wife to a certain extent, and the heroine is a rape survivor. Nevertheless, they have a sizzling chemistry and their scenes together are intense and emotional.

Overall, an engrossing read and Karen Rose is becoming a go to author for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm Watching You.

March 1, 2012 – Shelved