Joe's Reviews > Thinking, Fast and Slow

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

it was ok

I’m generally skeptical of studies when I don’t have the full text. The book belabored certain points and was repetitive. There were good takeaways but it could have been shorter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thinking, Fast and Slow.

June 20, 2019 – Started Reading
June 20, 2019 – Shelved
June 20, 2019 –
page 23
4.49% "I'm going to like this book. It's already exploring what biases us and why thingsike media bias exist (relative to how we think)."
June 21, 2019 –
page 50
9.77% "I feel harshly judged after chapter 3, where I was asked to asnwer questions as fast as possible and came up with the wrong one half the time. Here's an example. Answer as fast as possible:

A ball and bat set costs $1.10. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?"
June 22, 2019 –
page 71
13.87% "Some of these experiments are basically saying you'll act one way unless you think differently then you'll like the other way and present it as fact that we are always primed.

Also nearly all of these experiments seem to include college age students at universities which is not representative of any major population except for college students."
June 24, 2019 –
page 79
June 25, 2019 –
page 118
23.05% "I can't recognize if I already know a lot of the stuff he's talking about.
It doesn't help that the very first example in this book about Steve, made me think the opposite of the point he was trying to make.

As I continue to do his assessments, I really can't tell if I'm just on guard for tricks."
June 26, 2019 –