Suzannah's Reviews > SwanSong: Khalid, the Scholar

SwanSong by Allie McCormack

F 50x66

Swan Song is a wonderfully creative, contemporary romance by Allie McCormack. It is book one in McCormack’s Sons of the Desert series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I can honestly say, I have never read anything like it before. It had twists and turns that I didn’t expect. I fell in love with both the hero and the heroine. Arab Sheik Khalid Al Mansour is entranced by a belly dancer at a local Greek cafe. American Sarah Pendleton dances to forget her worries and her past. Khalid is the consummate gentleman. He is extremely likable and relatable. “Her earlier impression of black eyes and deeply tanned skin was right on target. He was an Arab, perhaps in his early thirties, although it was hard to tell. He had thick wavy black hair neatly trimmed, and heavy black brows over deep, darkest-of-dark-brown eyes flanked by high cheekbones, giving him the profile of an eagle, fierce and free. His lips were full and sensual, though his mouth closed firmly, decisively. All in all it was a rugged, arrogant face; not young, but having a strange magnetism that was ageless.”
Ah yes, an ageless magnetism. That says it all about Khalid. Sarah has her deep seated fears and an identity that she is hiding. Can they ever get past their different cultures and Sarah’s fears? There are quite a few very steamy sex scenes. All in all it’s a great book, and I will be sure to read more from McCormack. I was gifted a copy of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SwanSong.

June 18, 2019 – Started Reading