Ashley's Reviews > The Little Gift Shop on the Loch

The Little Gift Shop on the Loch by Maggie  Conway

Thank you to HQ Digital for providing me with an ARC through NetGalley!

Plain and simple, I really enjoy this story. It's a quick, light-hearted read that feels like a warm hug.

Lily, the main character, throws herself into her work to the exclusion of all else including family and friends. So when she is made redundant, she is finally forced to tackle the grief over her mother's death that she kept at bay for so long. She travels back to her mother's favorite haunt, Carroch, to handle the gift shop her mother bequeathed her and finds more than she ever expected.

I really liked the development of Lily's character in this story. Nothing felt too rushed or too drawn out. In terms of the romantic story, this is definitely a slow-burn and fluffy story. The Scottish setting adds its own kind of magic and I found myself wanting to travel there. While predictable, I enjoyed the twists in the story and even found hints of Pride & Prejudice reflected within some plot elements/character interactions.

Cute, quick, and fluffy. A perfect read for summer!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Gift Shop on the Loch.

June 19, 2019 – Started Reading