Mark's Reviews > Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday by Julie Strauss

I adored returning to Oro Beach and spending some time with Rose, her family, her friends, and her ex's. I love the fact that, like all of us, Rose and the other main characters are all flawed; they make honest and human mistakes, but you admire and care for them just the same.

Strauss paints a somewhat heartbreaking and slightly darker tale of this second-chance (third-chance?) at love story. But for those who enjoy a good romance, don't despair. She does actually deliver the stuff you came looking for, she just puts the characters through the wringer in a way that can be uncomfortable and painful for the reader.

Emotions run deep for the characters, but there were times I was so angry and began to feel my blood boil at the selfish antics of the main antagonist in the tale. It's always a delight when an author can make you feel something so passionate while you were reading.

While the novel is definitely romance, like other titles by this author, the romance is merely one of the main strong elements that run through the text. It is a modern and realistic contemporary novel about the lives of conflicted characters who don't always make the right decisions, and the reader can enjoy slipping into their world and experiencing the incredible wonder that is Oro Beach.

I quite loved falling into this second book in the Oro Beach series and am looking forward to the next ones to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby Tuesday.

June 19, 2019 – Started Reading