Prashant's Reviews > The Velveteen Rabbit

The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco

M 50x66
Feb 29, 2012

Recommended for: anyone who can read
Read on March 01, 2012

When I checked the title of this book it seemed that I have definitely heard or read it somewhere. So when I checked the published year and did some digging on the internet the truth dawned to me. This book was published in 1922 and since then has remained one of the most iconic children book of all time. many books have used the same theme, many fairy tales have been inspired from it and it has been read to children and the the message taught in one form or the other since decades. I read it so late and felt guilty.

Talking about sending strong and meaningful learning put in a mild manner, this book stands right there at the top. It's about a velveteen toy rabbit who comes in the life of a small child and grows complex looking at all the sleek and mechanical toys. It wants to know what is real and was told the same by a old worn out toy horse

‘It doesn’t happen all at once,’ said the Skin Horse. ‘You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.’

These lines speak for each and every one of our life and I can’t say anything better here.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Velveteen Rabbit.

Kritika Swarup that is some review!
am reading it right away..