Jena Henry's Reviews > Storms Over Babylon

Storms Over Babylon by Jennifer Macaire

Alexander and his army have left India and have headed west to Persia. The fighting is over. The whole City of Babylon turns out to greet Alexander, conquering hero and kind of the world. And Alexander’s wife is also recognized. “My Lady Persephone, Queen of Hades, Ashley of the Sacred Sandals, Demeter’s Daughter, welcome to Babylon.”

And next Spring, Alexander will die.

Book 4 in this mesmerizing series continues the story of the time-traveling journalist Ashley, who has now spent almost 10 years with Alexander the Great. She journeyed almost 3,000 years back in time to interview Alexander and ended up remaining with him as he conquered nations and reformed them in the Greek way.

I have so enjoyed being immersed in the ancient world with Alexander and Ashley. Their saga is a mix of history, culture, religion and philosophy told through the story of larger-than-life characters. The author focuses her lens on the intense and complicated relationship between Ashley and Alexander. Their world is a time where the gods and fates were all-controlling and sinister plots and treachery were the order of business.

In Storms over Babylon, Alexander and Ashley face their greatest test so far. As a traveler from the future, Ashley knows that, according to history, Alexander will die soon. Alexander and Ashley share a passionate love. Alexander now realizes that being King of the World is not the ultimate goal he was seeking. He is ready for a life devoted to his wife and family. Are Alexander and Ashley ready to live one day at a time? Is life a battle to be won or a river to carry Alexander and Ashley peacefully along? Can Ashley defy time and history to save Alexander?

This series fascinates me on many levels. In addition to a powerful story, we also get to see what everyday life was like thousands of years ago- the food, medicine, games, and books and even how to use the bathroom. The Greeks and Persians were well educated and had a complex civilization. While times have changed over the eons, and daily life is so different now, through these books we see that love and friendship have always been the same strong bonds that hold life together. I highly recommend this series.

Thanks to the author and to Rachel’s Random Resources for a review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storms Over Babylon.

Finished Reading