Wulfwyn 's Reviews > The Witches of Mystic Springs

The Witches of Mystic Springs by Mona Marple

bookshelves: arc, cozy-mystery, paranormal, series

I had a great time reading this book! It has two narrators which can be difficult to pull off, particularly when they both are on the same side. I have read enough books with this type of narrative to know that can get confusing. Happily I can say that this time it worked. Kudos to Ms Marple for making that difficult feat appear effortlessly. I had no difficulty adjusting to the alternating narrators. The mystery was told so delightfully it was like sitting listening to two friends talk. I loved the investigation of the mystery, the clues, the scary moments. I want to say more but I’m trying to encourage you to read this cozy mystery so I don’t want to give away the twists and especially the ending. I was surprised with the discovery even though the person was on my list. The reveal is genuinely entertaining. I was torn between wanting to devour each word and wanting to slow down the telling so I could savor the moment.
This book is a part of the Mystic Springs Series but if you haven’t read the previous books, don’t despair. You can read this as a stand-alone. Beware though, once you read it, you will want to read the whole series! If you’re looking for a magically good time with a few chills, this is the paranormal cozy mystery you want.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witches of Mystic Springs.

June 19, 2019 – Started Reading