Keri's Reviews > ttyl

Feb 29, 2012

Keri Rexford
English 3
Book Review
In my book TTYL by Lauren Myracle there are 3 main characters, Snow Angel (Angelina), Mad Maddie and Zoe. These characters have a unique style and since of view which makes them well developed. When I was reading the book it seemed like it was believable because of the aspect of what I read, however it was well rounded.
The plot of this book seems to be realistic because it has events that would happen in today’s surroundings. When my characters in my book always had the awkwardness conversations which led me in to the book and kept me interested in what would happen next. What also kept me interested was how fast it went, each new time the characters talked it was about something new that caught your attention.
The author Lauren Myracle writes in a way that I wouldn’t think an author would write. It was very detailed and it dragged out in some ways. I would think an author would just give enough detail but not drag it out like she did and overdevelop the story. What was eventful about the book was that it had a lot of funny parts. I defiantly could relate to this book by the conversations my friends and I have.
The point of this book was to show you what school life or a teenager’s life can be like on a daily basses. There was one quote from the book that I got a kick out of and it was “Fist pump in the air and whoops like a redneck”. What people should get out of this book is to learn how to have fun with your teenager life but also learn the real sides of things. This book affected me by giving me the idea that high school could be worse or it could be easier. I liked this book overall because it may have gave to much detail but a lot of detail can be good at certain points.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ttyl.