Caitlin Schwatka's Reviews > Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography

Anne Frank by Sid Jacobson

Feb 29, 2012

bookshelves: eced-221

I loved reading "The Diary of Anne Frank" as a young girl. I appreciated this graphic novel, because with the help of its illustrations, it painted an even stronger picture of Anne's life in my mind. This graphic novel provided many important dates before, during, and after the period Anne wrote in her diary. It was informative like a textbook, only easier and more enjoyable to read.

(chapter 11 criteria used) The book is very accurate to the Frank's story. There are quotations from Anne's diary throughout the book, as well as information Otto Frank provided to fill in the gaps. The information is presented very effectively. It is written like a timeline, from Otto and Edith meeting and marrying, to the end years of Otto's life. The format of this book is very appealing because it is written like a comic book. It has colorful illustrations and the characters look nearly identical to how they looked in real life. The author's writing style is clear and very informative.

I would definitely have students in middle school read this book. It is a fun, but educational way to introduce Anne Frank's life to the classroom. I feel it is very important for our generation to continue passing down Anne's legacy to the next generation, so that her powerful life story can live on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anne Frank.