Phillip's Reviews > Stellaluna

Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

Feb 29, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, juvenile, favorites

It is the story of a personified bat. The message is "There are may ways to be and all of them are good. If you keep being yourself then life tends to make a way for you."

Yes, "You can be anything you want" just like they say on the Disney Channel.

The illustrations show an albino bat and it makes reader want to read to find out what is going on. It is a little disappointing that such intriguing images are just an episode of "Blue's Clues".

Don't get me wrong, I like "Blue's Clues". It's just that those illustrations led me to expect something more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stellaluna.

message 1: by Phillip (last edited Apr 05, 2012 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phillip The illustrations in this book make it look a lot cooler than it actually is. That is not to say it is a bad book. I stand my my #4 rating. I really like it.

Yes, "You can be anything you want" just like they say on the Disney Channel.